Subject: Re: Two Copies of Libcrypt?
To: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/1996 06:12:12
On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> Yes, you can have a crippled but usable system without it.  For some,
> the lack of proper crypt support in their system can be a problem.

What lack of proper crypt support? The crypt() that comes with the
export version of NetBSD works just fine. The only difference
between the export and domestic crypt.c is that the domestic one
will do decryption as well, something I've never used.

The only other thing missing is kerberos, which I don't use. I find
ssh a lot more useful than kerberos anyway.

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.