Subject: Need docs
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@masi.ibp.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/1996 15:04:57
Hello,

This has not much to do with NetBSD, but ...

I've found a 300Mb Micropolis scsi drive. It's a 5'' drive. I've connected
it to a aha1542, but I get some "soft error" or "Medium error" when I try
do read or write something. I guess this is a terminator problem.
The problem is that I don't have any docs on this drive. Could someone
which know this kind of drive mail me how to enable/disable the terminator
(if there is one) and how to change the scsi ID (it's currently set to 0).

The drive identifies itself as:
sd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <MICROP, 1684-07MB1033309, AP09> SCSI1 0/direct fixed
sd0: 323MB, 1780 cyl, 7 head, 53 sec, 512 bytes/sec

Thanks.

--
Manuel Bouyer, MASI, Universite Paris VI.
email: bouyer@masi.ibp.fr