Subject: Re: SNMPD for NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: C. Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@tezcat.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/1996 17:07:39
>> --==_Exmh_687530752P
>>
>> In message <199609302036.VAA07873@NetBSD.noc.EASYNET.NET>you write:
>> > Has anyone got a snmpd to compile on NetBSD? ISODE/CMU/ANYTHING?
>>
>> Not even thinking of Host Resources MIB...
>> I would even go with a compiled binary;-)
>>
>> Gruesse
>>        Oskar

 I have caused ucd-snmp to compile, by adding a phony definition
 for ifnet.if_unit and forcing ifnet.if_name to equate to ifnet.xname[SIZEOF]
 (if I have confused my "ifs" I beg pardon, my personal NetBSD machine is
 currently OOS).

 Unfortunately, the moment that it looks at anything in the mib beyond
 the routing table, everything goes to hell in a handbasket with kmem
 read errors. And that is with the arp table stuff shut off completely.

 This is under 1.2 on i386. I will solve the problem eventually if no
 one else beats me to it.

--

C. Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@tezcat.net>