Subject: Re: Progress once again!
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/1996 11:18:30
> It appears that mountd semi-randomly fails to be able to export various
> paths; [...]

I've been seeing this since I started using X-terminals.  Every now and
then, I'd have to 'kill -HUP mountd' after booting the NFS server, or it
would refuse to let someone mount something.  After messing around with
it for a while, it seems to me that the order and type of entries in the
exports file is significant; some changes here would cause other stuff
to sometimes fail to be exported, if I didn't change anything it
would be the same entry that failed every time something did, and right
now I've got an exports file that happens to work fine every time.

This experience is with NetBSD/i386 1.2_BETA as of 1--3 months ago.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"