Subject: ARP troubles...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1996 13:32:05
This has been happening for a while, but I've been too busy making stupid
mistakes to bother noticing.

I have an Amiga running NetBSD.  It provides nfs to an Amiga running
AmigaDOS, and telnet/gateway/etc. services to both the Amiga and a Mac.

It now also provides RARP, tftp, and nfs to a pair of Sparcs.

The Sun 4/110 works fine.

The Sparc SLC never works at first.

"arp slc2" produces
	slc2 (192.129.84.26) at (incomplete)
... However, if I do
	arp -d slc2; arp -s slc2 8:0:20:2:c5:df
(the correct values)
it then connects and works correctly.  I never have any trouble with it
until the next time the Amiga reboots.  (Normally rare, but I've been
poking around a lot recently.)

All of these computers (except the mac) are connected to an AUI box of
some sort; the Mac is connected to a 10baseT hub connected to that box.

-s