Subject: Re: Samba core dumps.
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1996 11:32:12
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com> writes:

Peter> fflush(NULL) flushes everything.  Perhaps that's what you were
Peter> thinking of?  fclose() has no defined behavior (at least in C,
Peter> dunno about POSIX) if you give it a null pointer.

Peter> ("flushes everything" means "flush output streams, and update
Peter> streams on which the last operation was a write".  :) )

	The code (as I posted the patch) definately calls fclose()
will NULL.  The code immediately before it (mail me for a copy)
proteects against the NULL case for some other f...() calls... which
leads me to believe that fclose(NULL) is accepted by some OSs.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |