Subject: Re: Samba core dumps.
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/1996 21:21:18
>	Yeah... I know... if I'm using Samba, then I must be using
><censored>.  Anyways... when I run nmbd, I get a core dump.  Currently
>the core dump looks like this (My old Sun4/260 is grinding away
>producing a debugging executable as we speak):

>	Has anyone looked into this?

	I've been using samba-1.9.15p8 since its release, and out of the
box, with no problems.. perhaps its a setup problem?  What version are
you running, and what (if anything) does it display if you turn debugging
on full blast ("nmbd -d 3" or higher [up to 5]) and disable detaching from
the terminal (don't specify "-D")?

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack
Database Programmer, Information Development for Extension Audiences (IDEA)