Subject: stairstep problem with ncftp 1.9.5 and GNU readline?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1996 21:41:36
I'm trying to compile ncftp 1.9.5 (you know, the simple one) with
GNU readline and having a very hard time.  After figuring out I needed
to add "-ltermcap" everytime I added "-lcurses", it compiles
but causes a stairstepping problem.  If I used -DCURSES in PDEFS,
then it won't compile at all since it defines SGTTYB and enables
part of the code which writes to what it thinks is "extern short ospeed".
I undef'ed SGTTYB and got it to compile but still get the stairstep
problem.

Many thanks, I am not a termcap/lib/curses expert. (Yet).