Subject: Panix attack?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1996 23:49:55
	While I'm catching up on the last couple of weeks of netbsd
lists, I idly wondered if anyone was thinking about the attacks
against Panix.  This is an attack where you send open requests for
bogus IP addresses rapidly to a server's TCP ports.  Typically,
machines have the ability to track 32 such 'almost-open' connections,
but even greatly increasing this number is not, in itself, a solution.

	(This is obviously not a fully technical discussion or
description, but a quick one... :).

	Is NetBSD working on this problem?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |