Subject: Re: setting up a vt100 with 7-wire serial?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/1996 09:48:00
In message <199609200726.KAA03361@pyy.jmp.fi>, Jukka Marin writes:
>Hmm, you should say 'local', not 'clocal' in /etc/ttys.

Here's what I have:
tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.19200"  vt100   on secure local # serial con

I have tried with & without local, on/off, and 2400 vs 19200.
Right now, yes, the vt100 is set on 19.2kbps (didn't know they could
go that high!)

>If the change above doesn't help (it _should_, if the serial driver on your
>system is functioning properly), you could try that..

Hmm.. don't know.
I can tell both systems are actually asserting RTS, TxD, and DTR.
But the vt100 gets no prompt, and no response when I hit keys.

I have no problem talking to my modem on another serial port but it's
a DCE with a straight-through cable.