Subject: Problems booting off of built kernel
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/1996 15:53:37
	Has anyone else out there had this problem?  I'm running 1.2 (beta)
on a Sparc 5.  I'm running off of whatever was current a month ago.  I've
tried a couple of times to build a new kernel, but each time I've gotten
"le0: lost carrier" error messages when booting off of the new kernel.  I
tried this with source I obtained a month ago and source I got today.

	(As an aside, I'm having problems with mountd sometimes getting
an EPERM from a mount system call, even though I'm running it as root.
I'm trying to figure out what uid it thinks I am by having the mount system
call return the uid in errno instead of EPERM.)

Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
Lab Engineer, CS Department
University of Tennessee, Knoxville