Subject: Re: Diaspora, politics, and MIf
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/1996 16:35:28
In article <199609191523.SAA00168@pyy.jmp.fi> jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi (Jukka Marin) writes:
>> >What would help almost as much is people
>> >not quite capable of that level of work, helping out with more mundane
>> >tasks that take time away from these other people.
>>
>> Are people supposed to volunteer, or do we get invited?
>
>Better not write any code for NetBSD at all.  For example, I _paid_
>someone to get a working Cyclades driver.  The driver does work indeed,
>but it doesn't look correct enough to some people, so they are laughing
>at the code now and telling me "it needs work" before it can be included
>in the tree.

I am fixing the cy.c code right now and I hope to be done with it
soon.  And I an not getting paid for it. I don't even have a card to
test my changes.  I don't think I'll ever use this driver.  I was
planning to send it back to the author when I was done.  Please try
to be fair here:

1. The code is not KNF. In fact parts of it is indented with 4 spaces,
   parts of it with 2.
2. It needs to be split up in cy_isa.c and cy_pci.c.
3. It produces compiler warnings with gcc -Wall.

If the code did not have the 3 problems mentioned above I would have
personally committed it.

christos