Subject: Re: Diaspora, politics, and MI
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@theos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/1996 16:39:12
> The problems with the bounce-buffer stuff that everyone is currently
> talking about are:
>
> 	- They are currently _very_ i386-specific.

That's funny... Per has the same bounce buffer interface working on a
Deskstation Tyne MIPS-R4600 machine with a 128KB sram bounce buffer
for the ISA/VLB slots ...

There is an additional problem in some drivers; ie. bt does not bounce
the ccb's yet.  So the code is going to need to go through a few
modifications to make it work 100%, but at least a bunch of people
have gotten use out of it during the last year.  And the changes are
going to be minimal.

So, no, I don't know how that makes it i386 specific.  And I'm
laughing myself sick reading this thread.