Subject: Re: tangent: bounce buffers.
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/1996 19:26:24
On 16 Sep 1996 15:16:18 -0400
 Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org> wrote:

> Could we get bounce support in the 386 port, which would at least "fix"
> the i386 for the short term, while working on a better version of bounce
> buffers for the long term?

This used to bother me but doesn't any more, I'm all PCI now.

> This is a sore point, along with other i386-specificish things, like
> 	o > 64M ram out of the box

This really annoys me. BSDI on booting spots this as a BIOS problem
but correctly probes how much memory you have.

> 	o dealing with multiple a5 partition types (say, Free and NetBSD on
> 	  the same disk)

This along with some kind of byte swapping so I can mount my sparc disk
on my PC would be nice.

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil@DOMINO.ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)