Subject: Re: Driver for Asante de500 clones?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/1996 16:32:46
>On my system it is 'ifconfig de0 xxx link0' for 100Mbs, not link1.
>Any possibility that the hardware is detecting the network speed
>and refusing to switch?  (e.g. Were you plugged into a 100Mbs hub
>at the time, or just a 10Mbs?)

I mistyped the flag; it's link0.  (it's copied from a hostname.de0
that works with a genuine-DEC card).  The card is connected to a
100Mbit hub.  The same driver and link flags works on a DE500 with an
older stepping of the chip.

I haven't seen the Asante 100Mbit led go on at all, either when
powercycling the Pentium the card is in, or during autoconfig, or
 after the "-link0". (but if it went on only briefly, I may have
missed it.)

--Jonathan