Subject: Re: tools for searching many files
To: Travis Hassloch x231 <travis@evtech.com>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/1996 22:51:00
--==_Exmh_-1999654342P

In message <199609111942.OAA13609@tahiti.evtech.com>you write:
> I've heard of the lycos indexing tool (no longer freeware),
> can anyone tell me any others?
>
> I'm looking for something to search many many files that
> span several directories.  Regexps would be nice but are
> not necessary; word-tables would be better than nothing.

looks like you are looking for glimpse, which is also distributed as part of
the harvest.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_-1999654342P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBMjcmM7A63tqjeAhZAQGCJQQAit1Xd4CcdEMIHXn8DIOmiV3j4NkGaSFk
cmkVSQWukCz8Xw/e6/DQnzRT9/Wrd9qS6XRpbH5yrN6psnPs3b1+QDmHbY1CtXtA
J+x4zK36WY7uswCwE3JNvFVx7b3FNeJoTXZ2Jp3yGZcZ4dwYS++AxUzDMsmrMKKq
hNgXWCTuo5I=
=Plo4
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1999654342P--