Subject: sigsegv
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/1996 09:25:25
I just encountered an interesting problem with -current on i386.  I have
never seen this before and I don't know whether this is arch-specific or
not.

First, lynx stopped working.  I didn't change anything on the system, it
just started getting sigsegv whenever it was started.  I recompiled lynx
and the problem went away.

This morning someone said that emacs wasn't working.  Sure enough, it's
getting sigsegv when I try to run it.

I rebooted the machine, thinking that would fix the problem.  Nope, it
didn't.  emacs still doesn't work.

The system was stable otherwise, AFAIK.  It had been up for 25 days.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?  I guess this could be a hardware
problem, but how can I tell for sure?

If this is happening now, I can't wait for Friday the 13th..... ;)

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---