Subject: Steven's TCP/IP V1 and Host Requirements
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/1996 21:19:04
Has anyone methodically gone through Steven's V1 book and checked to see if
the problems with BSD networking (specifically, the bsdi machine) have been
fixed?  Also, to work on unconditional compliance with the Host Requirements
doc, if not already met.

Off the top of my head I remember something about invalidating entries
from the ARP cache (even if they are being used as a destination addr)
after a timeout (10min?) to catch hosts which change hardware addresses.

I'm a little disappointed trailer encapsulation was dropped; it seemed
like a nifty idea, but it must not be that big of a perf increase anymore
since nobody seems to use it now :)