Subject: Re: amd questions?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/1996 05:13:50
In article <XAA06552@byron.dra.hmg.gb> janes@signal.dra.hmg.gb (Tim W. Janes) writes:
>In the NetBSD amd source I see there are a number of
>#if NFS_PROTOCOL_VERSION >= 3
>
>Does this imply that it should mount remote filesystems using NFSV3 ?
>It appears to mount OSF/1 filesystems using NFSV2 - is this the correct?

No, it means that the kernel protocol version is version 3. I put in the
patches on the NetBSD amd shortly after the new nfs code was committed.
You will need to backport my patches to your version of amd in order to
make this work. I am planning to clean up the version 3 stuff for amd at
some point and make it support both version 2 and version 3 mounts. Right
now, it understands version 3, but only mounts things as version 2.

christos