Subject: Re: patch #6 for atapi driver
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
From: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1996 12:24:21
In message <199609031352.PAA00687@chassiron.ensta.fr>,
	Manuel Bouyer writes:
>hello,
>I've updated the files in ftp://lix.polytechnique.fr/pub/manu.
>There is some minor changes:
>    - integration of Jason Downs (OpenBSD)'s quirk system, so that old or
>	  strange drive can work (this should make the GoldStar 8X and
>	  NEC Multispin 2Vi work. People having problems, especially with the
>	  ATAPI_READ_CD_CAPACITY command should contact me, their drive now
>      needs a quirk entry (in atapiconf.c, flag AQUIRK_NOCAPACITY).
>	- At Milton Ngan's request, wdc now probes for atapi devices first, and
>	  then wd drives, because some old atapi devices were detected as ide
>	  drives.
>	- Integration of Milton Ngan's fix for some
>	 'wdc_atapi_intr: unknown phase 1' due to a timing problem.
>	- a first step do get the driver indian-independant, from Jason Downs's
>	  openbsd commits ( he got it work on an amiga system).

The entire IDE and ATAPI sub-system in OpenBSD runs on the amiga.  There are
many more changes required to accomplish that (ignoring the fact that ISA
isn't even supported on NetBSD/amiga); this has been a joint effort between
Niklas Hallqvist and myself.

--
Jason Downs		   (503) 256-8535 -/- (503) 952-3749
downsj@teeny.org  --> teeny.org: Free Software for a Free Internet <--