Subject: Re: another DRM Pioneer CD player problem
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de>
From: Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1996 06:11:01
Jan-Hinrich Fessel writes:

> --==_Exmh_671539170P
>
> In message <199609031009.FAA04871@expert.cc.purdue.edu>you write:
> > I am having even worse problems with a DRM-602X.  It's a 6-disc SCSI-2
>
> While we're at it I am having problems with either the generic "cd" driver
> or the ahc code, if I' get an error on one of my cd's which is quite often,
> I cannot use the drive thereafter, all the kernel reports is i/o-error.
> It is not the hardware, because the Pioneer does read from the other LUNs
> even if one LUN faulted and is no more accessible.

I have done some more experimenting.  I think it's the generic cd code
because I get the same sort of result with my NCR SCSI adapter.  I cannot
use anything on the SCSI bus after getting this error.

I *CAN* read the AT&T Worldnet CD and the games CD that came with the
drive with no problem.  It dies when trying to read CD's from various USB
conferences, Grolier's Encyclopedia, Linux CD, and an audio CD :).  I think
maybe it just doesn't understand the format.  I am current as of about 2
weeks ago, I believe...  maybe I should get the very latest source and see
if that will help.

weeks ago,
> ahc1:A:5: refuses syncronous negotiation.  Using asyncronous transfers

Hm.  I don't get something like this.  Maybe you have more options turned
on in kernel...  I will go look at what's available.

> cd1 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 0: <PIONEER, CD-ROM DRM-624X, 1.03> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable
> cd2 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 1: <PIONEER, CD-ROM DRM-624X, 1.03> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable
> cd3 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 2: <PIONEER, CD-ROM DRM-624X, 1.03> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable
> cd4 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 3: <PIONEER, CD-ROM DRM-624X, 1.03> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable
> cd5 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 4: <PIONEER, CD-ROM DRM-624X, 1.03> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable
> cd6 at scsibus1 targ 5 lun 5: <PIONEER, CD-ROM DRM-624X, 1.03> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable

How do you get it to recognize them all?  Mine just reports one drive.

Mark