Subject: another DRM Pioneer CD player problem
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de>
From: Mark Willey <willeyma@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1996 05:09:57
Jan-Hinrich Fessel writes:

<...>

I am having even worse problems with a DRM-602X.  It's a 6-disc SCSI-2
changer.  When I try using xmcd (the audio cdrom player) or "mount -r -t
cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt", I get some sort of corruption on the bus.  After
attempting the mount, an "ls" will yield "Bus error."  Big Red Switch Time.

Here's the error that comes up when xmcd tries to play an audio CD:

<ten-finger copy...>
ncr0:5: ERROR (80:140) (8-2a-0) (28/13) @ (544:900b0000)

Anybody have an idea on that one?  Here's what the kernel says about it:

cd0 at scsibus0 targ 5 lun 0: <PIONEER, CD-ROM DRM-602X, 2902> SCSI2
5/cdrom removable

No switches in the manual look interesting except the blocksize selection.
It's currently set to 2048 (factory default) and can be changed to 512.

I will try to get a copy of the error codes spewed whtn mounting, if anyone
thinks that might be useful.

Mark