Subject: Re: SCSI CD changers supported?
To: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1996 19:05:55
--==_Exmh_1530418319P

In message <9608301525.AA01192@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>you write:
>   My guess would be that if the drive is old, it may require the LUN to be
> present in the SCSI command instead of the identify message.  I don't think
> any of the drivers do this - I did have the amiga SCSI drivers doing that
> for a while, but removed it to be consistent with the other ports.

Why did you do that?  In SCSI-1 the only way to access LUNs is specifying them
in the command, SCSI-2 did allow both procedurese but preferred the identify
solution.  All SCSI-1 Drives must be accessed with the LUN present in the
command.  If we don't do this, we are broken, or else we should state "no
fully compliant SCSI-1 support".

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_1530418319P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBMinCc7A63tqjeAhZAQFZqgQAqmTG0fxiS4xvsJEoEnoU4ZuHov/vymRD
eodS8/1+EecoxsBmEShjQW6AaRF0pmQF7GjY8bLaYDGNH+pP0KaDrY8igJxKViog
cR3en4hL/FPcEJVqbAJ0vT3V8zHVzguJswGGCF9XDxDm95I6fhR13Fe3jz6n/Xvz
JWRYJ1NsoJ8=
=LyxW
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1530418319P--