Subject: Re: Release of 1.2?
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/30/1996 10:20:14
On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> I know our RS/6k
> at work, which uses the Journalized File System, IBM's version of LFS...

Actually I believe JFS is much more like FFS (with journaling added,
of course) than LFS. There's a book out on the `internals' of AIX
that I was thumbing through in the bookshop the other day, but it's
awfully darn thin for sixty bucks, IMHO. (It's not got anywhere
near the amount or level of information you get in the 4.4BSD book,
Vahalia's _Unix Internals_ or _The Magic Garden Explained_.)

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.