Subject: Re: [post-1.2] scsibus attachment changes...
To: James Graham <greywolf@siva.captech.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/1996 14:29:34
> Chris Demetriou sez:
> #
> # [ this will only apply after the -current tree goes back to mirroring
> #   the revision control tree trunk, i.e. some time after 1.2 is
> #   released. ]
>
> "...after the -current tree _goes back to mirroring_ the revision control
>  tree trunk..."
>
> Are we now in release position for 1.2, or is this still a way off?

So, let's see...

The release process was officially kicked off on May 6.  The release
process lasts 8 weeks.  That means that NetBSD 1.2 was released about
a month and a half ago...  didn't you notice?!  8-)

In all seriousness, I have _NO_ idea.  I've not heard _anything_ about
the status of the release process since i got back from my vacation
(and my return occurred in the first week of this month).

Do I think it's absolutely ridiculous to keep users completely
uninformed about the release process?

	YES.

Do I think it's absolutely ridiculous to keep _DEVELOPERS_ completely
uninformed about the release process?

	YES.

Do I think it's ridiculous to keep the 'trunk' locked up during the
duration of the release process for this long?

	YES.

Do I think it's sad that the release process is this long when
there will be features in -current immediately after 1.2 is released,
which will make the "stable" 1.2 release immediately obsolete for
some classes of users?

	YES.

chris