Subject: MLS BSD (was Re: new lkm stuff ?)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/1996 23:50:43
Michael Graff wrote:
>IMHO, as NetBSD and the other *BSD's stand right now, a secure system is
>something to wish for but not even close yet.

Anyone interested in or thought about adding Multi-Level Security to BSD?

I mean MLS as in attaching tags to recources such as devices, files,
processes etc and bitmaps of permitted operations/privs.

Eg. rather than needing to be euid==0, you just need the can_bind bit
set to be allowed to bind a reserved port.

Of course it would be a pretty big project and I'm never likely to
have the time to do it... but it would be fun and very useful...

Just curious.

--sjg