Subject: Re: An annoying failure I've seen a lot of.
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
From: Zdenek Salvet <salvet@horn.ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/1996 09:32:48
> Stupid Question #2:
>
> The purpose of this little exercise was to try and get Staroffice (a
> Linux Office Automation suite) loaded and tested.  It is looking for a
> Motif 2.0 library.  The authors don't want to sell it (or give it away).
> They are considering building one that works with Motif 1.2 or
> statically linking the library in.  Does anyone have such a beast (I'll
> assume Linux/ELF format for a second) they can 'release', even for a
> short while?

According some people, it is possible to run without Motif using
symbolic link from libXm.so.2 to libso312.so (lesstif should do also).

> Stupid Question #3:
>
> I also have a copy of Informix which provides me precisely the same
> problem the Linux executable did (I love flea markets).   I
> assume I will need to fill an /emul/svr4 directory with the same
> stuff as I did for Linux.  Any insight on what I might need?  Do we
> even support dynamic SCO executables?  Any sources on where to get
> this stuff?  Am I going to have to add the COMPAT_SVR4 option back in?
> Will the Linux stuff just make it work?  I'm going to try it tonight,

I have COMPAT_SVR4 configured and Linux stuff is OK.
(Haven't tried any svr4 app yet.)

--
Zdenek Salvet                                              salvet@ics.muni.cz
           If God had meant for us to be in the Army,