Subject: Re: tape changers
To: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/1996 13:49:21
On Tue, 27 Aug 1996 18:33:49 GMT
 Laine Stump <laine@morningstar.com> wrote:

 > Does anybody have recommendations for a good DAT changer drive that
 > works well with NetBSD 1.2? We've got more than a tape's worth to
 > backup, and need it to be automated.

I use an Archive Python coupled to a Connor DAT changer.  If you're in
the San Francisco Bay Area, you can get them from the Disk Drive Depot
for ~$400 for the DDS-1 version, or ~$1000 for the DDS-2 version.  It
comes with a 4-tape magazine.  A 12-tape magazine is available for it, as
well.

I don't recall the exact model number ... but, you can check out the
DDD's stuff at http://www.corpsys.com/

I know the changer driver works with that changer, since that's the
changer I had when I wrote the driver :-)

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --