Subject: Re: new lkm stuff ?
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/26/1996 14:09:54
"Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org> writes:

> It would be interesting to know how NT can allow you to do this yet
> maintain C2 certification.  Hmmm.

AFAIK, the C2 certification was an internal version of NT, and was never
released to the public.  It is not the same version you buy off the shelf.
Damned good marketing trick if that's the case.

[btw, I heard this info at a government lab, where one person was telling
 us we should throw away our disgusting Unix and use NT instead, since all
 our security problems would go away, since it had C2.  It was really fun
 to watch three of the DOE security people jump on that one. ]

--Michael