Subject: Re: Problems with Linux emulationt
To: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@informatics.muni.cz>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1996 13:44:16
Quoting Jaromir Dolecek,

> i have troubles running Linux guavac and JDK java package for Linux. Any idea
> what's bad (ldd-linux says:
>  ldd-linux: can't execute guavac (Exec format error)
> Is there any way how i can make it run ?

> I have kernel 1.2_BETA, compat_linux option of course on.

It could be that you are missing some shared libraries, and can't run
ldd-linux because it is an older a.out version and the rest if ELF.
But it might be something else. Where did you get the binary? Does
anyone else see this?

Btw: guavac is available in source and should compile mostly out
of the box (that's what the authors say anyway).

- Frank