Subject: Re: netatalk
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Hagerty <hag@ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/1996 18:29:08
 > From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
 > Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:31:43 -0700
 >
 > Why do people keep mumbling about not having DDP in the kernel?
 >
 > SunOS doesn't have DDP in the kernel either.  netatalk works perfectly fine
 > on SunOS.  It's a loadable module.  No reason why netatalk couldn't be done
 > as a loadable module either, a la AFS.  (Speaking of AFS, any news on a
 > 1.2-compatible SPARC version yet, John?)

    netatalk doesn't have support for NetBSD; it doesn't build as a
kernel module either (and given the current network architecture under
NetBSD, it *can't* work as a loadable module).

    I did play with porting it a little bit awhile back, but other
tasks ended up diverting my time and I never got it to the point of
even compiling.  If anyone is interested in the (rather insubstantial)
work that I've done at this point, ask me.