Subject: Spurious warnings from ld?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/1996 13:13:00
I compiled ld from sources in current on a Sun3 netbsd 1.1
environment.  When dynamically linking a trivial hello-world program I
get warning messages from claim_rrs_reloc(). The code is

	if (rp->r_address < text_start + text_size)
		warnx("%s: RRS text relocation at %#x for \"%s\"",
			get_file_name(entry), rp->r_address, sp->name);

The resulting executeable works fine. I have applied gdb, and as far
as I can tell, it is normal for the condition to be met. That is to
say, the warnings seem bogus to me. The netbsd 1.1 executable for ld
doesn't produce the messages.

Ian