Subject: Re: Cyclades driver
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/1996 18:49:06
> Um, why is the Cyclades serial card driver still not in the -current
> tree?  (Or whatever tree it is that is in the .tar.gz files on ftp.luth.se)

> The old, broken driver is still there - the new, fully functional one
> has been in production use for 3.5 months now and it still hasn't found
> its way to the tree.

> I understand that the core wants to have some control over things, but
> waiting for a simple thing to be done for 3 or 6 months is .. quite
> annoying.

I don't dispute that Cyclades owners would like the new drivers in the
tree, but I must ask if anyone has championed the cause, submitted a
pr pointed to the new drivered, entered a dialog with the i386 port-
masters, etc.  I don't know where or how the existance of this new
driver was announced, but this core member managed to miss hearing
about it.

	--jtc