Subject: Re: cross-compile procedures?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1996 10:30:39
On Sun, 11 Aug 1996, Peter Seebach wrote:

> How would I, on the '040 system, build a source tree with '030 instructions,
> which links everything with the '030 libraries?  I'm assuming there's an
> obvious procedure here.

If you're using gcc and talking about compiling userland, the only real
differences that I'm aware of have nothing to do with the actual
instruction set used, but the optimizations that are done.  Code optimized
for the 040 should run on the 030.  Unless you specify otherwise, however,
the code that you produce will not be optimized for the 040.

--scott