Subject: Anyone got LBL internet conferencing toolsuitte for 1.2?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/1996 19:52:53
I've  involved with setting up the mbone sessions for SIGCOMM 96.
I just went looking for Mbone tools precompiled for NetBSD and
couldn't find _any_ native NetBSD binaries:   sd, sdr, vat, nv, vic
vic, etc.

What do other people do for this functionality?
Use binary emulation?  Compile up locally (sdr isn't available in source form).

It's ...frustrating.. to have to go back to SunOS or Linux to run sd
and nv. (Decstations don't have audio, and the SB16 in my p5 doesn't
work very well with netbsd, and I haven't even tried IPmulticast with
linux emulation. I'm somehow not hopeful, given Linux' quaint and
charming bind(2) semantics.)

--Jonathan