Subject: Re: P6 Natoma chipset
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/1996 15:35:21
On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> Michael L. VanLoon wrote:
> >
> > I also remember reading something about someone having quality
> > problems with SuperMicro motherboards.  Any opinions on SuperMicro
> > versus ASUS, WRT build quality, reliability, support, and speed?
>
> Have you looked into the Tyan mainboards?  (http://www.tyan.com)
> They have a dual Pentium Pro board that is available for ~$550.
>
> -Andrew
Tyan also has a Tomcat II board which is a dual Pentium processor board.
However there seem to be some problems with 512kb cache under moderate load
using dual processors.  They are working on it but I have not heard of a
solution (the price is ~$300).  Other people seem satisfied with thier other
boards but I would want to make sure the tyan board works I'd buy.  I've
been waiting all summer for a report that this problem had been resolved.

johnh...