Subject: backup without ruining sup-values.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/1996 15:15:06
Hi everybody,
	some time I added extra space to my ftp/sup-server and
tarred everything up before adding the disks and recreating new
partitions (using ccd). When I later untarred everything from
tape it seemed fine except that sup seemed to dislike the
timestamps and proceeded to 'update' every file this was passed
on to all the people retrieving files and while 'updateing' is
faster than 'receiving' it's still a nuisance.

Since I will need to add some more space again soon (I've got
the disks) to accomodate 1.2 I'd like to know what method of
backup is recommened that will not cause the same trouble.
What parameters should I give tar ? Why did sup act the way it
did.

Cheerio
	Andrew
--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=netbsd.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"