Subject: ccd how to config ?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charlie Root <root@pc64.cs.cuhk.hk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/1996 13:24:54
Hello,

I have two 850M Quantium SCSI (TRB850S) and want to use ccd to become
one big disk. I had tried many many times and I give up. I would like
anyone to tell me what is the proper steps to do so.  I found that when
I disklabel sd1 sd2 and then ccd0 (with double the size of total sectors
and cylinders). I got the disklabel of sd1 and ccd0 are the same and sd2
is different. I can newfs ccd0 with correct size and write and read from
the ccd0. Everything seems ok.  when I reboot system, ccd0 report failed
because of sd2 didn't have the label. When I made the size of sectors
and cylinder of sd1, sd2 and ccd0 are the same, I only got the size of
one disk capacity. Can anyone help ? thanks.

e.g.  disk   cylinder  sectors
       sd1       1000    50000
       sd2       1000    50000
      ccd0       2000   100000

after ccdconfig, cyl and sect of sd1 become 2000 and 100000
respectively. It is very strange. mye kernel is (960720)

cheers.

clarence
clarence@cs.cuhk.hk