Subject: Re: /usr/src/lib/Makefile and libkvm
To: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/1996 08:52:30
On Tue, 09 Jul 1996 23:51:50 -0500
 Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com> wrote:

 > On a SPARC ELC, I typed 'make' in /usr/src, and it bombed making
 > libkvm.old.  I was able to do a make in libkvm, so I'm wondering
 > if the Makefile is in need of some editing.  The one I have follows,
 > note that the first '.if' will build libkvm only on amigas, ataris,
 > and sun3s.  When I looked in libkvm, and libkvm.old, I found machine
 > specific files for both my pc532 and my sparc in libkvm NOT
 > libkvm.old.  (It also appeared that the sun3 uses libkvm, casting
 > doubt on the theory that someone switched the if and else clauses...)

Make absolutely certain that your libkvm.old directory is up to date.
It's actually correct that the sparc builds libkvm.old, since the SPARC
kernel hasn't yet been updated to work with the new libkvm.  Only the
sun3, atari, and amiga ports use the new one at this time.

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --