Subject: Which /dev(ices) should I use with the Boca board?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/12/1996 09:46:08
>From the keyboard of Micheal VanLoon:
>
>>> Correct.  The boca stuff is just a standard "com" port to the kernel
>>> (except for handling the shared interrupt, of course).  I have
>>> com0..com2 wired down, equating to tty00..tty02.  The boca stuff is
>>> wildcarded, so starts at tty03 and goes up from there.
>
>>Does MAKEDEV create the right major/minor numbers?  I installed one in
>>an ISP Jump Server and it acts funky...  Won't talk to the modem, etc.
>
>Good question.  It's been awhile since I plugged mine in.  Maybe you
>should ask the current-users list at-large....

We appear to in agreement, neither of us knows the answer.  Here is your
shot at a mundane sort of questions:

The Boca BB1008 card is supported and reports 8 serial ports from com2
on.  Logic says these ports should be the normal tty02 through tty09.
Do the major and minor numbers in /dev/MAKEDEV create the correct
devices for the Boca board?

--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom