Subject: Re: rcp in /bin
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/1996 09:48:13
>you wrote in <199607100407.NAA00961@mallee.awadi>:
>> Traditionally, you are supposed to be able to get your machine up and
>> on the network with only the / partition available.
>
>But why is "rsh" in "/usr/bin" in this case? Is much more usefull especially
>for remote tape access to e.g. restore a backup.

It is more useful, but not necessary with the presence of rcp.
Given that several users may regularly invoking rsh, it is somewhat nicer
that it be dynamically linked.  :)
--
Sean Berry is a computer scientist trapped in an engineer's mind.
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret my opinions as those of my