Subject: cd9660 bugs?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/10/1996 17:23:42
 I get the strong feeling that the NetBSD 1.1 cd9660 CD-ROM filesystem
has a small bug which probably makes it impossible to mount true RR
CD-ROMs.

 The filesystem does check for the extension Rockridge-Extension "RR"
which is not defined by the RRIP V1.12.

 Alas it checks for a flag which is not defined but at the same time does
only work when the flag is present! This looks quite strange to me.
The only reason I can think of why this bug is in there, is that most
CD-ROMs for *nix are mastered by "mkisofs" - which does write this flag
even though it of course shouldn't as well.

 As I am not sure how to fix this bug (cd9660_rrip.c is high class C :-),
I would like to ask for advice or ask the maintainer of this filesystem
to fix the bug.

--
Markus Illenseer