Subject: Re: daily scripts...
To: Danny Thomas <D.Thomas@vthrc.uq.edu.au>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1996 14:35:18
--==_Exmh_71724371P

In message <v02140b08ae049ba9a614@[130.102.4.21]>you write:
> While a lot of drives I've seen come from the fasctory with read and/or
> write bad sector remapping disabled, I believe the NetBSD SCSI drivers turn
> these on. So would a check for an increase in the number of grown defects

I would stop using any OS that fiddles with the drive config without telling
me what it wants to do and why.

NetBSD doesn't change the read/write remapping.
You have to do it by hand.

But yes, it would be nice to have a regular look at the grown defects list.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_71724371P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBMd+vBbA63tqjeAhZAQEfcgP/StDEGHglbcA4fubFHnSUfYAA8qayZ1WS
YlDmIDADcg/PnKQF7HDhuz3ruW9kYAxW67okYfTBJh/INnTnhLNB9l8Q8OsG37+9
y8Mo+e3rVcShchyq4if0jxYuD0K0tKzsz9kCUQO2kmzh7VzMM82NSq4dsrOLbhMq
vwwDjiBa2Iw=
=HAvC
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_71724371P--