To: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1996 21:25:08
>   Has anyone else noticed that it takes forever for messages posted to
>the NetBSD lists takes forever to get out? It isn't unusual for me to
>see messages posted three or four days after they were written, including
>my own. Are there any plans to improve the list performance?

It's been like this for ages (at least two years).

What's interesting is that the FreeBSD lists tend to get your message
back to you within a matter of minutes.

Maybe the NetBSD folks are using a really small, busy machine, that
has lots of other things to do, and the FreeBSD guys are using a big,
less busy machine, that mostly does majordomo.

Both are running majordomo, so I don't think that's a factor.

Maybe NetBSD is running majordomo on perl5, and FreeBSD is running
majordomo on perl4.  That would explain it right there...  ;-)

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.