Subject: Re: tty0?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/1996 06:46:14
> All would be well if we just told people to
> "stty -d -f /dev/tty01 whatever" to change the defaults for the port.

This went around at least once before.  My ideal solution would be to
have something like that, some way to use stty to change the default
settings, but also change the initial defaults to raw no-echo and
change the default boot scripts to reset this to the traditional
defaults at boot time.  Personally, I'd prefer "stty -f /dev/ttydef01"
instead of "stty -d -f /dev/tty01", but I generally prefer to have
extra filesystem entries instead of yet more ioctls.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu