Subject: Re: Install NetBSD over the top of Linux
To: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
From: Jesus M. Gonzalez <jgb@gsyc.inf.uc3m.es>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/1996 15:55:29
is@beverly.rhein.de writes:
 > Brett Lymn (blymn@awadi.com.au) wrote:
 >
 > : Just to add my voice, yes you do have enough to NFS mount from a
 > : server, well, as long as your ethernet card is recognised ;-)  I did
 > : this on a machine here at work just to show the NT worshipper how much
 > : NT sucked.  Whacked in a boot floppy, configured up the network and
 > : then just slurped it all across.  Fastest install I ever did :-)
 >
 > Did the same with anon. NFS over a distance of 500 kilometers, when
 > installing netbsd-1.0 and -1.1 at some of the Universities' PCs.

	We have a slightly modified couple of floppies which
combined with some simple scripts allow us to install a lab
with about 15 PCs in about half an hour. Using NFS for installing
the distributions, of course.

		Jesus.
--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona         | addr.:  c/ Butarque, 15
Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones |         28911 Leganes, Spain