Subject: flock() fails with procmail
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1996 02:06:52
I thought I'd sent out a note about this before, but I didn't see
it come by, so perhaps it didn't make it out the first time.

Procmail can't seem to use flock. (I'm using 3.11pre4, but this is
true of 3.10 as well.) It's never able to get a lock on the file.
This is bad, because flock() is the sole locking method of
/usr/libexec/mail.local, unless the -l flag is specified.

I'm having a great deal of trouble decoding the code in procmail,
but I can't see anything terribly unusual about its locking so
far.

Has anyone else run into this? Is this a problem with NetBSD or
with procmail?

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.