Subject: Re: Install NetBSD over the top of Linux
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1996 15:43:28
According to Ken Hornstein:

>>Is there a way to boot my box on a NFS mounted NetBSD-rootfs and
>>to install then via NFS?(security considerations are no
>>big problem for me, at least as long only this machine is affected)
>
>I think you might be able to do an NFS-mount off of one of the install
>floppies ...

Just to add my voice, yes you do have enough to NFS mount from a
server, well, as long as your ethernet card is recognised ;-)  I did
this on a machine here at work just to show the NT worshipper how much
NT sucked.  Whacked in a boot floppy, configured up the network and
then just slurped it all across.  Fastest install I ever did :-)

> but if you can do that, why not just ftp the installation
>sets?

Well, if you are tight for disk space then nothing beats just
extracting the files straight off the NFS partition...

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.