Subject: Re: News and NFS question
To: Kent S. Gordon <kgor@ksg.com>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1996 22:54:37
>>>>> ""Kent" == "Kent S Gordon" <kgor@ksg.com> writes:

[my news question deleted]

Kent> If you are using emacs with GNUS, why bother to mount the news
Kent> directories?  I would Use the default nntp support?  It has to
Kent> be better than taking all the NFS hits (especially the new GNUS
Kent> in the latest version of emacs 19)

	Easy.  Ease of maintainance.  The system only has 2 or 3
newsreaders at a time (primarily my wife and I) and gets all it's news
through uucp using CNews.  There's really no reason to change the
setup... and anything more would be more complex.

	Another kind soul nudged me in the right direction.  Funny the
things you forget --- I hadn't linked /usr/spool/news (where emacs is
looking) to /var/news on the Sun3.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |