Subject: Re: Problems compiling current sources
To: Robert Kennedy <robert@cs.stanford.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1996 11:19:31
> I believe "options GENERIC" has to go hand in hand with what I think
> I've heard called "generic swap". If your "config netbsd" line says
> "config netbsd swap generic", you must have "options GENERIC",
> otherwise you must not.
>
> I beg forgiveness if my 1.1-based understanding of the situation reeks
> of anachronism. It's possible this is all changed in -current, but I
> doubt it.

This is true, but only of ports with broken root- and swap-setting
code.  8-)

Some ports, at least the sparc and the alpha, don't need 'options
GENERIC' with 'swap generic', and on the alpha 'options GENERIC'
has no meaning whatsoever.  (i'm not sure about the sparc port, but
i'd guess that GENERIC has no meaning there, either.)

chris